261310Re: Is split cleanup really needed?

    Jan 2, 2010
      Shaun T. Erickson a écrit :
      > I'm rebuilding my postfix installation from scratch. In the past, I've
      > split cleanup in two, to prevent address rewriting until after
      > filtering:
      >
      > pre-cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
      > -o virtual_alias_maps=
      > -o canonical_maps=
      > -o sender_canonical_maps=
      > -o recipient_canonical_maps=
      > -o masquerade_domains=

      This is not good. It breaks recipient validation.

      > [snip]
      >
      > These two methods seem equivalent (are they?) and I think my use of a
      > split cleanup is a holdover from the pre-2.1 days. Is the second way
      > now the "proper" way to do this?

      if you only need to disable address rewrite, use the no_address_mappings
      options.

      but in some cases, multiple cleanups are needed. for example, if you
      want different header_checks.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic