261308Re: Berkeley DB warnings (was: smtpd crashes)

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Jan 2, 2010
      * Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:
      > >Jan 1 20:19:41 mail-ausfall postfix/verify[26329]: fatal: close database /var/lib/postfix/verify.db: No such file or directory
      >
      > Does not reproduce on Ubuntu 9.10-server with the default Berkeley DB 4.7.
      >
      > Can you check if this warning (and the warning for postscreen) goes
      > away when automatic cache cleanup is turned off?
      >
      > address_verify_cache_cleanup_interval = 0
      > postscreen_cache_cleanup_interval = 0

      It never occured BEFORE the automatic cache cleanup was introduced.

      > This can't be the same bug as discussed last month with "close
      > database after fork", because verify(8) does not fork. Also, Postfix
      > does not close the same database twice (I wipe the database handle
      > after close to prevent that from happening).
      >
      > The warning is harmless because Postfix flushes database buffers
      > with each postscreen/verify database update. With synchronous
      > database updates it would make no sense if the database failed to
      > report update errors immediately and delayed those error reports
      > until the database is closed.

      My system used 4.7.25-8, now I've switched to 4.8.24-1 (debian version
      numbers). Let's see what happens.

      If I'm still getting the errors, I'll turn off the automatic cache
      cleanup

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin