261302Berkeley DB warnings (was: smtpd crashes)

    Jan 2, 2010
      >Jan 1 20:19:41 mail-ausfall postfix/verify[26329]: fatal: close database /var/lib/postfix/verify.db: No such file or directory

      Does not reproduce on Ubuntu 9.10-server with the default Berkeley DB 4.7.

      Can you check if this warning (and the warning for postscreen) goes
      away when automatic cache cleanup is turned off?

      address_verify_cache_cleanup_interval = 0
      postscreen_cache_cleanup_interval = 0

      This can't be the same bug as discussed last month with "close
      database after fork", because verify(8) does not fork. Also, Postfix
      does not close the same database twice (I wipe the database handle
      after close to prevent that from happening).

      The warning is harmless because Postfix flushes database buffers
      with each postscreen/verify database update. With synchronous
      database updates it would make no sense if the database failed to
      report update errors immediately and delayed those error reports
      until the database is closed.