261301Is split cleanup really needed?

  • Shaun T. Erickson
    Jan 2, 2010
      I'm rebuilding my postfix installation from scratch. In the past, I've
      split cleanup in two, to prevent address rewriting until after
      filtering:

      pre-cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
      -o virtual_alias_maps=
      -o canonical_maps=
      -o sender_canonical_maps=
      -o recipient_canonical_maps=
      -o masquerade_domains=

      and

      cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
      -o mime_header_checks=
      -o nested_header_checks=
      -o body_checks=
      -o header_checks=

      I don't really see this documented anywhere though. What I do see
      documented is adding:

      receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

      to the before-filter smtpd and

      receive_override_options = no_unknown_recipient_checks, no_header_body_checks

      to the after-filter smtpd.

      These two methods seem equivalent (are they?) and I think my use of a
      split cleanup is a holdover from the pre-2.1 days. Is the second way
      now the "proper" way to do this?

      --
      -ste
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic