261258Re: sender-dependent default_transport using FILTER

  • ram
    Dec 30, 2009

      On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 20:43 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
      ram:
      > I need a sender dependent smtp service for my shared postfix servers
      > This is similar to what was discussed in the thread a month ago
      > http://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-users@.../msg18419.html
      >

      > This is because some of our clients require a dedicated outgoing IP
      > ( for sender accreditation )
      >
      > I was thinking of a solution using a FILTER. But unfortunately FILTER
      > does now work without a destination apparently

      Maybe you can explain the problem, instead of the solution.

      The requirement is that the outgoing mail for every sender-domain should be using different bind-ips dedicated to sender domain

      If I clone smtp service in master.cf to smtp1 with "-o smtp_bind_address=XX"
      and use a FILTER
      senderdomain1.com    FILTER smtp1

      that doesnt work.

      Thanks