258306Re: Specifying a transport for bounce messages

    Oct 1, 2009
      Jose Maria Sanchez de Ocana:
      > OK, so now here is my problem: When my postfix receives a SPAM message
      > bound for one of my accounts, this email is forwarded to gmail's SMTP
      > server directly. But then gmail's SPAM filter rejects this message and
      > here starts my problem. AFAIK what postfix should do is bounce the
      > message to the SPAM source address.

      The REAL mistake in your setup is that you forward SPAM into gmail.
      This causes gmail to treat your machine as a SPAMMER, and may affect
      legitimate mail that you do want to receive.

      You must NEVER bounce SPAM to the sender address, because in most
      cases that is not the sender.