254948Re: header checks not working

  • Sahil Tandon
    Jul 1, 2009
      On Wed, 01 Jul 2009, Magnus B├Ąck wrote:

      > > Sahil Tandon wrote:
      > >
      > > > I prefer pcre:, but the following patterns should work with regexp:
      > > > as well.
      >
      > No, {n} isn't supported by regexp.

      It is. As noted in regexp_table(5), each pattern is a POSIX regular
      expression, whose syntax is documented in re_format(7). For posterity (and
      the interested reader), a relevant excerpt from the man page:

      A bound is `{' followed by an unsigned decimal integer, possibly followed
      by `,' possibly followed by another unsigned decimal integer, always fol-
      lowed by `}'. The integers must lie between 0 and RE_DUP_MAX (255=)
      inclusive, and if there are two of them, the first may not exceed the
      second. An atom followed by a bound containing one integer i and no
      comma matches a sequence of exactly i matches of the atom. An atom fol-
      lowed by a bound containing one integer i and a comma matches a sequence
      of i or more matches of the atom. An atom followed by a bound containing
      two integers i and j matches a sequence of i through j (inclusive)
      matches of the atom.

      Also see the EXAMPLE BODY FILTER MAP in regexp_table(5) for another example
      of how to use bounds with regexp.

      --
      Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic