253763Re: Postfix with PostgreSQL - CLOSE

    Jun 3, 2009
      On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:05:16AM -0600, Just E. Mail wrote:

      > I have only one more wish; I wish there was a list of all the MAPS used in
      > Postfix?

      You really don't want this. Less is more. Only define or override Postfix
      parameters that implement a non-default behaviour you need to control
      in order to achieve a particular behaviour.

      Generally, stick to what's described in:

      - An example configuration in the (in your case O'Reilly) book, or

      * BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
      * STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
      * ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
      * ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html
      * VIRTUAL_README.html
      * TLS_README.html
      * SASL_README.html
      * QSHAPE_README.html
      * ... other tutorials in http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html

      Venture into any given tutorial as and when necessary, otherwise read them
      slowly approximately in the order suggested. Resist the urge to tweak
      parameters (except on test servers) unless it is *vital* to change them
      from their default value, cosmetic changes will only cause you grief later.