251856Re: Inbound Only postfix gateway on home network/server lab CORRECTED **

    Apr 3, 2009
      David Denny wrote:
      > Noel Jones wrote:
      >> and a transport_maps entry to help postfix find this host if it's
      >> different from the relayhost.
      >>
      >> # transport
      >> xxxxx.yyyyy relay:[ip.of.internal.host]
      >>

      >> -- Noel Jones
      >
      > Thanks Noel. I added the relayhost and transport entries.
      > If I mail to david@[i.p.add.ress] it reaches the internal destination.
      > If I mail to david@... it goes out to the internet
      > So looks like a DNS issue.
      > I copied /etc/hosts into the chroot directory /var/spool/postfix but
      > that had no beneficial effect.
      > Stumped... will continue with google unless or until someone else gets
      > here first.
      > Cheers
      > DD

      If postfix is trying to send to the internet directly, your
      relayhost setting didn't take.
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relayhost

      If postfix can't find where to send mail for xxxx.yyyy, likely
      your transport_maps entry is incorrect.
      Note the lookup key in transport is the email domain, not
      necessarily the hostname.
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps
      http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html