247632Re: Finding the envelope-sender after always_bcc? (SOLVED)

  • Jeff Weinberger
    Jan 2, 2009
      On Jan 2, 2009, at 4:03 PM, mouss wrote:

      > Jeff Weinberger a écrit :
      >>
      >> OK, thanks. I will set up dspam to listen on port 10024 - seems to
      >> make
      >> the most sense. I don't need a localhost:10024 entry in master.cf
      >> then?
      >> right?
      >>

      > no, 10024 will be used by dspam. your postfix should have a
      > 127.0.0.1:10025 to get mail back.

      perfect thanks!

      >>> I guess an example is better than literature, no?
      >>>
      >>> here is a "not uncommon setup":
      >>> - port 25 is used for "MX" mail (aka inbound mail). it uses the
      >>> content_filter defined in main.cf
      >>
      >> right, as I do right now.
      >>

      >>> - port 587 is used for "submission" (authenticated, ...). such
      >>> mail is
      >>> scanned for viruses but not for spam (there's not much things a
      >>> bayesian
      >>> filter could do here, except in simple setups with a site-wide
      >>> bayes).
      >>> so -o is used to set the filter for this service
      >>
      >> I need to set this up also - seems easy, but is there an example of
      >> the
      >> localhost:587 master.cf entry somewhere I could start with?
      >>

      > your master.cf should already contain a "submission" service (it's
      > commented out by default). you can add -o conten_filter and other
      > parameters.

      it didn't - but that's probably because apple modified the example
      file and took out the submission entry. I found it in the distribution.

      I'm guessing I should leave my port 25 (smtp) entry to allow
      submission on that port with authentication (leaving
      "smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated...") - is there
      any harm in that?

      >>> - sendmail mail is not filtered, because we "trust" the box
      >>> (there's no
      >>> user, ... etc) and we don't want anything blocking such mail. or
      >>> we use
      >>> sendmail to reinject mail after filtering, so we don't want to
      >>> create a
      >>> loop. for this, we set "-o content_filter=".
      >>>

      >> do you mean the re-injection into postfix? I have "-o
      >> content_filter="
      >> there already. I'm re-injecting mail via SMTP, not sendmail...
      >>

      > so you already had an example that overrides the content_filter in
      > master.cf ;-)

      I see that I did... oops ;)

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic