247623Re: Finding the envelope-sender after always_bcc? (SOLVED)

    Jan 2, 2009
      Jeff Weinberger a écrit :
      > On Jan 2, 2009, at 9:20 AM, mouss wrote:
      >
      >> Jeff Weinberger a écrit :
      >>>
      >>> It's definitely my set up. I don't use LMTP to pass the message to
      >>> dspam, I use a transport called "dspam" that uses pipe. That means
      >>> there's no S/LMTP dialog, just the message itself passed as STDIN.
      >>>

      >> so _you_ are not passing the envelope sender to dspam.
      >>
      >> Consider running dspam in "relay mode":
      >> postfix --(LMTP)--> dspam --(SMTP)--> postfix
      >>
      >>> I have to move dspam to use LMTP and then move it to a before-queue
      >>
      >> why do you want to run it in pre-queue mode? This is not needed and is
      >> not simple to setup.

      Is there a reason why you keep adding yahoo groups after I remove them
      fro CC? This is starting to annoy me...

      and by the way, disable the X-DSPAM-Factors header. dspam doesn't encode
      it, which results in things like:

      a+écrit, 0.01000,

      and this is not a valid header.

      > If I understand your diagram, then the content_filter would look like:
      >
      > content_filter=lmtp:unix:/path/to/dspam args

      No.
      content_filter=lmtp:inet:127.0.0.1:10024

      where the 10024 is the same port used in dspam.conf:
      ServerPort 10024

      of course, dspam must be running in daemon mode.

      > and that might pass through the envelope information (I'm not convinced,
      > but if dspam can do it, that would be how).

      LMTP is similar to SMTP, and dspam can run as an LMTP server (this is
      configured in dspam.conf).

      > But since dspam can speak LMTP and SMTP

      dspam has a server and a client. so which speaks what?

      if we are talking about the server part:

      $ cd dspam-3.8.0/src
      $ cat daemon.c
      input = daemon_expect(TTX, "LHLO");
      if (input == NULL)
      goto CLOSE;

      it wants LHLO (which is for LMTP), not HELO or EHLO. so no smtp there.

      > why would an smtpd proxy be hard
      > to set up? It would certainly avoid the bcc issues, etc.

      I don't understand why you mix pre-queue and bcc. maybe you confuse
      pre-queue with a "not simple content filter"?

      > that I"
      > experiences by having the message run through postfix twice. After
      > reading through SMTPD_PROXY_README, it seems like a bit of a challenge
      > to make it work, but not that hard...what do you think might be difficult?
      >

      > Thanks for all your help - over the course of thi dialog I've learned a
      > lot about postfix and have become more aware of and proficient with
      > parts I knew little about. This has been very helpful.
      >

      >>> content filter so that this workaround becomes unnecessary, but until I
      >>> go to make those changes, this will suffice.
      >>>
      >>> I'm not completely convinced that dspam will work seamlessly as a
      >>> before-queue content filter, so I'll have to do some testing to see how
      >>> well that works and whether it can do what I need and hand fully formed
      >>> messages with SMTP dialog information back to postfix.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic