246552Re: permit_sasl_authenticated ONLY from one interface

  • Simone Felici
    Dec 1, 2008
      mouss ha scritto:
      > Simone Felici a écrit :
      >> Why? Uhm, dunno...
      >> It seems certain mailclients has Autenticated smtp enabled as default
      >> and if the client found the smtp server support it, then it try to send
      >> in auth. This return an error, due inappropriate settings of the client.
      >
      > if you know their IPs, you can use smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps

      Mouss,
      this could be a solution... but haven't find any example or documation to try it.
      Could you pount me at any example?

      The initial problem was:
      I've an SMTP server for customers, with standard smtp open only from a range of IPs.
      Could I provide normal smtp service for customers of a range of known IP (like now) and open my server to all the world
      for smtp service but ONLY if autenthicated smtp i sused?

      Is the MUA with an IP of my customers?
      YES: It can send without any authentication.
      NO: It can send ONLY it a user/pass is provided.

      Simon

      --
      Simone Felici E-Mail: s.felici@...
      Divisione Tecnica Tel: 0461 030 111