246543Re: Permission denied error

  • Daryl
    Nov 30, 2008
      On 1 Dec 2008 at 0:45, Bill Cole wrote:

      > Daryl wrote:

      > >> That is not correct.
      > >>
      > > I don't have SElinux running and changing the permissions to 755 on /var/spool/postfix does
      > > not change anything .
      > >
      > > Yes, postfix is chrooted with my master.cf as the following
      >
      > I wish you luck.
      >
      > Since you've already determined that there's nothing useful in your logs or
      > in a description of the functional context of your problem or in a
      > 'postconf -n' output or what OS you are using or what version of Postfix you
      > are running, and you're doing something that is generally not recommended,
      > and changing permissions from the installation defaults, you clearly are
      > working at a far higher level of expertise that I could dream of for myself,
      > and I apologize for wasting your time in noting that your version of
      > "correct" diverged from that of mundanes like myself, which is merely "normal."
      >
      > Again, quite sincerely, I wish you good luck. Please do the plodders of the
      > Postfix community such as myself a favor and publish your fix when you
      > figure it out.

      Do myself and other people out there and forget the sarcasm!! Nothing I have written has
      assumed I am "above" all other intelligence! I apologise for not stating that I am running
      Debian Etch and the only error in my logs are;
      postfix/sendmail: fatal: chdir /var/spool/postfix Permission denied.

      I have since taken Postfix out of chroot rebooted and still no change. I have also changed
      pemissions to 755 on /var/spool/postfix. Googling, adding postfix to sasl group has solved
      other people's problems but I'm still stuck.

      This is the second time this has happened, and both times I have been configuring other
      programmes, ie: samba, as previously stated.

      Ironically I have also had

      /etc/cron.daily/man-db:
      find: /var/cache: Permission denied
      fopen: Permission denied