246541Re: Permission denied error

  • Bill Cole
    Nov 30, 2008
      Daryl wrote:
      > On 30 Nov 2008 at 21:30, Bill Cole wrote:
      >
      >> Daryl wrote:
      >>> Greetings,
      >>> For the second time in a month I have a postfix/sendmail: fatal: chdir
      >>> /var/spool/postfix Permission denied error.
      >>> There are no possible solutions in my logs, and googling, has found nothing. My permissions
      >>> for postfix are correct;
      >>>
      >>> #ls -ld /var/spool/postfix
      >>> drwxrwx--- 20 root postfix 4096 2008-11-14 11:57 /var/spool/postfix
      >> That is not correct.
      >>
      > I don't have SElinux running and changing the permissions to 755 on /var/spool/postfix does
      > not change anything .
      >
      > Yes, postfix is chrooted with my master.cf as the following

      I wish you luck.

      Since you've already determined that there's nothing useful in your logs or
      in a description of the functional context of your problem or in a
      'postconf -n' output or what OS you are using or what version of Postfix you
      are running, and you're doing something that is generally not recommended,
      and changing permissions from the installation defaults, you clearly are
      working at a far higher level of expertise that I could dream of for myself,
      and I apologize for wasting your time in noting that your version of
      "correct" diverged from that of mundanes like myself, which is merely "normal."

      Again, quite sincerely, I wish you good luck. Please do the plodders of the
      Postfix community such as myself a favor and publish your fix when you
      figure it out.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic