246535Re: Permission denied error

  • Daryl
    Nov 30, 2008
      On 30 Nov 2008 at 21:30, Bill Cole wrote:

      > Daryl wrote:
      > > Greetings,
      > > For the second time in a month I have a postfix/sendmail: fatal: chdir
      > > /var/spool/postfix Permission denied error.
      > > There are no possible solutions in my logs, and googling, has found nothing. My permissions
      > > for postfix are correct;
      > >
      > > #ls -ld /var/spool/postfix
      > > drwxrwx--- 20 root postfix 4096 2008-11-14 11:57 /var/spool/postfix
      >
      > That is not correct.

      I don't have SElinux running and changing the permissions to 755 on /var/spool/postfix does
      not change anything .

      Yes, postfix is chrooted with my master.cf as the following

      #
      # Postfix master process configuration file. For details on the format
      # of the file, see the master(5) manual page (command: "man 5 master").
      #
      #
      ===
      # service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
      # (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
      #
      ===
      smtp inet n - y - - smtpd
      #submission inet n - - - - smtpd
      # -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes
      # -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
      # -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
      #smtps inet n - - - - smtpd
      # -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
      #628 inet n - - - - qmqpd
      pickup fifo n - y 60 1 pickup
      cleanup unix n - y - 0 cleanup
      qmgr fifo n - y 300 1 qmgr
      #qmgr fifo n - - 300 1 oqmgr
      tlsmgr unix - - y 1000? 1 tlsmgr
      rewrite unix - - y - - trivial-rewrite
      bounce unix - - y - 0 bounce
      defer unix - - y - 0 bounce
      trace unix - - y - 0 bounce
      verify unix - - y - 1 verify
      flush unix n - y 1000? 0 flush
      proxymap unix - - n - - proxymap
      smtp unix - - y - - smtp
      # When relaying mail as backup MX, disable fallback_relay to avoid MX loops
      relay unix - - - - - smtp
      -o fallback_relay=
      # -o smtp_helo_timeout=5 -o smtp_connect_timeout=5
      showq unix n - - - - showq
      error unix - - - - - error

      Hope this helps!
      :