246531Permission denied error

  • Daryl
    Nov 30, 2008
      Greetings,
      For the second time in a month I have a postfix/sendmail: fatal: chdir
      /var/spool/postfix Permission denied error.
      There are no possible solutions in my logs, and googling, has found nothing. My permissions
      for postfix are correct;

      #ls -ld /var/spool/postfix
      drwxrwx--- 20 root postfix 4096 2008-11-14 11:57 /var/spool/postfix

      Running postfix check recently warned me about root not owning certain dir. which I have
      changed.

      I have recently re-configured SAMBA on the same server and until then postfix was working
      fine. Just curious to know if somebody has had the same problems.

      Any help much appreciated!
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic