244192Re: trivial-rewrite regular expression substitution

    Oct 1, 2008
      On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:38:36PM -0600, David DeFranco wrote:

      > Thanks for the answers.
      >
      > This is an internal mail server for system generated mail, and I'm
      > re-writing the address before determining the transport so there's sanity
      > checking already in place. I would never consider this kind of setup on a
      > user/internet relay server. Heck, I wouldn't consider this solution in the
      > first place, but it's legacy ( currently on sendmailx ) and I have to make
      > it work. I wanted to avoid using an explicit map file because it could be
      > complex and has to be updated manually.
      >
      > Is there another way to programmatically determine the next-hop?

      Use (regexp) virtual alias mapping to rewrite recipients to suitably
      selected artificial domains that map statically to the right transport.
      In the transport, use smtp_generic_maps to undo the virtual mapping,
      so the destination sees an unmodified recipient address.

      virtual(5):
      user1@... -> user=example.com@...
      user2@... -> user=example.com@...

      transport(5):
      host1.nexthop.invalid mysmtp:[host1-gateway]
      host2.nexthop.invalid mysmtp:[host2-gateway]

      master.cf
      mysmtp ... smtp
      -o smtp_generic_maps=$mysmtp_generic_maps

      main.cf:
      mysmtp_generic_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/undo_adhoc_routing.pcre
      virtual_alias_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/do_adhoc_routing.pcre

      Beware of loops! Do not let the PCRE LHS pattern match the RHS output!