244190Re: trivial-rewrite regular expression substitution

  • David DeFranco
    Oct 1 12:38 PM
      Thanks for the answers.

      This is an internal mail server for system generated mail, and I'm re-writing the address before determining the transport so there's sanity checking already in place.  I would never consider this kind of setup on a user/internet relay server.  Heck, I wouldn't consider this solution in the first place, but it's legacy ( currently on sendmailx ) and I have to make it work.  I wanted to avoid using an explicit map file because it could be complex and has to be updated manually.

      Is there another way to programmatically determine the next-hop?

      Thanks again

      On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      David DeFranco:
      > I need data that's in the user part of the address to determine the
      > nexthop.

      With regexp substitution, this would give giving random users
      control over destination host names, host addresses, and TCP ports.

      Instead of using (regexp) to grab the nexthop from the recipient
      localpart or domain part, specify the string explicitly.

      /......whatever....../  ......whatever......

      Repeat this for each such domain.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic