244185Re: Aliases Lookups, not found? Then Smarthost

    Oct 1, 2008
      On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 11:31:32AM -0400, wiskbroom@... wrote:

      > Many thanks for the help mouss, and my apologies for my hiatus...
      >
      > As per my email, I am using NIS and DBM aliases foor all of my users and aliases for them.
      >
      > What I must do is forward *ALL* email for say example.net to a Microsoft Exchange server, this forward to happen blindly and I do not wish to manage alias tables for users on the PF relay. I do however wish to process the email for spam and AV in the same way that I would for my regular accounts.

      Are you confusing the words "forward" and "relay"?

      - Forward: Take email destined for recipient A and forward it
      to recipient B instead of (or sometimes in addition to)
      delivering it to A's mailbox.

      - Relay: Route mail addressed to one or more recipients to a
      a suitable gateway responsible for handling mail to those
      recipients.

      Forwarding is generally done via address rewriting, while relaying
      is done via transport/nexthop selection.