242949newbie postfix user

  • gishaust
    Aug 29 4:21 PM
      hi everyone,

      I have been working on putting postfix email server on unbuntu 8.04
      server and after a very steep learn curve think I am ready to go online.
      But I don't know if it is secure so below is what i have done. I need to
      know if I have missed anything. So does anyone have anything I really
      need to look out for.

      I have created a virtual email server with the following programs
      ubuntu server, dovecot, mysql backend,Postfix <http://www.postfix.org/>,
      Apache, <http://www.apache.org/> PHP, <http://www.php.net/>
      Postfixadmin, <http://high5.net/postfixadmin/> Squirrelmail,
      <http://www.squirrelmail.org/> Amavisd-new,
      <http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/> Spamassassin.
      <http://spamassassin.apache.org/>

      my main.cf looks like this,

      myhostname = mta
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
      myorigin = /etc/mailname
      mydestination = mta.rbc.com, mta, localhost.localdomain, localhost
      relayhost =
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.2/24
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      recipient_delimiter = +
      inet_interfaces = all
      inet_protocols = all

      # Virtual Mailbox Domain Settings

      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
      virtual_minimum_uid = 5000
      virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
      virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
      virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
      virtual_transport = dovecot

      # Additional for quota support

      virtual_create_maildirsize = yes
      virtual_mailbox_extended = yes
      virtual_mailbox_limit_maps =
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
      virtual_maildir_limit_message = Sorry, the your maildir has overdrawn
      your diskspace quota, please free up some of spaces of your mailbox try
      again.
      virtual_overquota_bounce = yes

      dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1