242441Re: Before queue filter vs access policy delegation?

    Aug 19, 2008
      S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
      > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Bill Anderson wrote:
      >> To be fair, if he only want to read the body, he could "shell out" to
      >> postcat to *read* it so long as it was done late enough in the process
      >> - i.e. end-of-data. I make no guarantees about performance of such
      >> acts, however. ;) I have done this *on occasion* for very specific
      >> checks.
      > Thanks. That is the case I thought about. In-fact, I think for filtering
      > purpose it probably does not matter to read the queue file directly,
      > since all the words are there.

      This would work, but seems somewhat of a hack. There are
      better interfaces to message content.

      > Anyway, if I need to routinely read body, I will be back to before queue
      > filter. Before getting to AP delegation, I was thinking to modify the
      > filter into a thin pass-through filter facing the Internet directly, so
      > no need for double postfix smtpd.

      I would be reluctant to put a self-written proxy in front of
      postfix connected directly to the internet. There are just
      too many opportunities to create a security problem.

      You *can* safely use a self-written filter as a
      smtpd_proxy_filter used within postfix.

      Noel Jones
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic