242107Before queue filter vs access policy delegation?

  • S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
    Aug 8, 2008
      Hi!

      I have one server using before queue content filter which
      sometime have resource problem (mail delivery slow down bogged
      down by spams and unreachable servers). Just not too long time
      ago I found about SMTPD access policy delegation. Since the
      filter do nothing to the e-mail other than accept or reject, it
      seems that I can do the same SMTPD access policy delegation.

      Currently the filter works by checking sender and recipients,
      specifically some recipient address which requires
      authentication code in the address extension. If the
      authentication not there then the smtp conversation is rejected
      immediately.

      So, am I correct to think that this can be implemented by SMTPD
      access policy delegation? What actually the difference on what
      SMTPD access policy delegation can achieve compare to what
      before queue content filter can do?

      Is it true that SMTPD access policy delegation can have less
      resources requirement than before queue content filter? I am
      also thinking to start implementing the grey list.

      Thanks!

      --
      (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo