241911Re: Whitelist a host using check_client_access before the rbl check?

  • Brian Evans - Postfix List
    Aug 4, 2008
      Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
      > On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 12:29:34PM -0400, Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
      >
      >>> A *better* way is force them to Authenticate using SASL.
      >>> See http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
      >>> Postfix supports either Cyrus or Dovecot SASL.
      >>>

      >> P.S. This is if you fully trust and know this host
      >>

      > Yes, I fully trust this host. Actually, it is the mx backup for my home
      > server:
      >
      > $ host petole.dyndns.org
      > petole.dyndns.org has address 87.90.240.206
      > petole.dyndns.org mail is handled by 10 demisel.dyndns.org.
      > petole.dyndns.org mail is handled by 5 petole.dyndns.org.
      >
      > Can I use authentication for MX?

      I would highly recommend setting SASL up on both ends in this case. This
      is much more secure and reliable than whitelisting a dynamic host.
      See the above link for details.

      If you implement this and have problems, please post logs and new
      'postconf -n' to this list.

      Brian
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic