240641backup every incoming mail to file

  • Leo
    Jul 1, 2008
      Hello,

      we want to replace our current mail server (sendmail) with a new one
      (postfix). For security reasons we want to make a backup of every
      incoming mail (including envelope information) to the filesystem (simple
      text file, e.g. mails_2008-07-01.txt, ...).

      Current setup:
      postfix + amavisd-new + clamav + spamassassin

      Postfix receives mail for a virtual domain, delivers it through the
      "content_filter" parameter to amavisd-new (clamav+spamassassin) and gets
      it back from amavisd-new on a second smtpd daemon. This is the default
      setup for amavisd-new.

      Our problem is to save every mail BEFORE it will be filtered by
      amavisd-new. Is there a possibility to do this? Or is the only way to
      patch the amavisd-new source code?

      Any help would be highly appreciated!

      Kind regards,
      Leo