239241Re: Include Config Files?

    Jun 2, 2008
      On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 04:28:56PM +0200, Hannes Erven wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      >

      > I was wandering if it was possible to split the main.cf configuration
      > file in multiple parts, e.g.:
      >

      > mynetworks = ...
      > myhostname = ...
      >
      > include /path/to/file
      >

      > I searched the docs, but including seems only to be possible with aliases.

      It is not possible with aliases either. The ":include:" syntax on the RHS
      of the aliases file is not a mechanism for extending the aliases file with
      additional "lhs: rhs" entries. Rather it is an indirection mechanism for
      a single "rhs" value. Not too dissimilar from "mynetworks = /some/file".

      > One possible "workaround" would of course be to concatenate all "source"
      > config files into main.cf, but that seems not really elegant to me, is it?

      Concatenate is the answer. make(1) is a good tool for such work.