237721Re: Rejecting International Email

  • M. Fioretti
    Apr 30, 2008
      On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 16:06:45 PM +0200, Paweł Leśniak wrote:

      >> Actually, you don't appear to "get it", but I don't really care.
      >>
      >> The client is happy, the client's customers are happy and the client's
      >> vendors are happy. Everybody is happy except for a few people on this
      >> mailing list.
      >>
      > Personally I do not agree.
      > You seem to be sure that client is aware of trade-of.

      Exactly. From all Terry has said so far, it really sounds like:

      a) he continues to believe, or at least market to his client, the idea
      that "only accepting connections from **systems** inside the
      geographic area they service" is **equal** to "only accepting
      connections from **REAL** customers or potential customers who LIVE
      AND WORK "inside the geographic area they service""

      b) his clients are in the same situation as those people who start
      using C-R systems without having a clue as to what they really do
      and are happy because they don't realize that they aren't blocking
      just spam.

      Final note to Terry: if your clients are happy, OK. Although you're
      making them a disservice if you haven't clearly explained that the
      assumption in point a) above, upon which you are building the service
      you sell them, has very shaky basis in reality: *they* may still be
      one of the exceptions, I'm not in a position to deny it or to care at
      all, but they should be sure to be one of such exceptions.

      The _only_ thing which made unhappy "a few people on this list" (or
      me, at least), is simply the idea to endorse, even by just being
      silent, the assumption in point a) as a general criterion valid in
      anything but very few, fery special situations.

      Then again, there's nothing Postfix anymore in this thread and there
      is almost unanimity on the matter, so why continue on the list?

      Marco
      software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/node/84
    • Show all 54 messages in this topic