      From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery System)
      Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
      Postmaster-Subject: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail

      EOF
      [snip]

      I tried adding '-' on a line above the EOF, but that causes postconf to
      dump core. A little testing shows that one line of text and one blank
      line causes the template to get processed correctly, but anything less
      crashes.

      Am I missing something or is this not possible without modifying the code?

      Thanks