232269Re: Compiling problems - Dovecot SASL + SSL/TLS

  • Stephen McHenry
    Jan 2, 2008
      On Jan 2, 2008 4:02 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      > Stephen McHenry:
      > > On Jan 1, 2008 4:49 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      > > > Stephen McHenry:

      > > > You did not follow the SASL_README instructions.
      > > >
      > > > % make makefiles CCARGS='-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -
      > > > DDEF_SERVER_SASL_TYPE=\"dovecot\"'
      > > >
      > > > Wietse
      > >
      > > Ah. Yes! (Drat!). Thanks.
      > >
      > > Now, I'm running up against the linking problem that was in the second
      > > half (when I tried SSL/TLS w/o SASL). It appears to be looking for
      > > something it can't find, but I'm not sure what lib dlsym, dlerror,
      > > dlopen and dlclose are in...
      >
      > Postfix builds out of the box on Linux. Your compilation environment
      > appears to be incomplete. I suggest you upgrade to a complete one.
      >
      > Wietse

      Hmm... well, apparently a freshly built "complete" Fedora 5
      installation is also incomplete, as it failed there too....

      But, I did figure it out, and thought posting the solution here might
      help anyone else who has this problem...

      Turns out, it was not finding libdl.a.

      libdl.a _was_ present in /usr/lib, so it was just a matter of adding
      it.to the AUXLIBS and that cleared up the problem.

      --
      Stephen

      Stephen McHenry
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic