232243Re: virtual transport overwrites recipient

    Jan 2, 2008
      Ondrej Pachner wrote:
      > hi,
      >
      > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, mouss wrote:
      >>> message header with the final envelope recipient address,
      >>> prepends an X-Original-To: header with the recipient
      >>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      >>> address as given to Postfix, and prepends a Return-Path:
      >>> message header with the envelope sender address.
      >>> this is what I'm missing :-(
      >>
      >> disable address rewrite before the filter. only do address rewrite
      >> after the filter. More infos in the FILTER README.
      >
      > I'm trying to do it this way:
      >
      > smtp inet n - - - - smtpd
      > -o smtpd_use_tls=no
      > -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=no
      > -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
      > -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
      >
      > but it bounces me the message back saying:
      >
      > This is the mail system at host xxx.my.domain.
      >
      > I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
      > be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
      >
      > For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

      > delete your own text from the attached returned message.
      >
      > The mail system
      >
      > <lalala@...>: user unknown. Command output: Invalid user
      > specified.

      Your first mission for this year would be to abandon giving bounce
      messages more importance than they deserve. the real infos are in
      postfix _logs_.

      > when I comment out the receive_override_options line, then it works the
      > way I described :-( so I probably need just a control (not expansion) of
      > the virtual user.. but I really don't know how :-( maybe some
      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions which will say some OK or ACCEPT if it
      > finds the virtual catch-all for the recipient? really, I have no glue
      > how to fix this..

      make sure address rewrite is not disabled after the filter. you need to
      show: 'postconf -n' output and master.cf. feel free to hide private
      infos, but this coherently.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic