229109Re: snipping header lines

    Oct 31, 2007
      At 09:40 AM 10/31/2007, rosenfield@... wrote:
      > > > maybe you can use "smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes" or
      > > > "smtpd_tls_received_header = yes" and key on the text unique to your
      > > > authenticated users.
      > >
      > > This information goes into the same Received: header that is not visible
      > > to milters. However, milters do get to see SASL user information and
      > > TLS issuer/subject information (for trusted certs) via appropriate macros.
      >
      >Not going to work with users that authenticate with a password, AFAICT.
      >I think Noel meant the above in context of a check_headers RE..
      >
      >Would be nice if a Postfix developer would step up and fix this in a
      >sane manner once and for all :-). I can think of lots of nice
      >solutions, but I think the easiest one to implement by far is to send
      >the Received header to milters, and fix the dkim-milter so it ignores
      >this header.

      Milter is a sendmail design. Don't expect non-sendmail developers to
      alter that design.

      Postfix already gives you a tool via header_checks to alter or remove
      selected Received headers. Headers from authenticated dynamic users
      can be identified reliably using smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header
      and/or smtpd_tls_received_header.

      I don't see a problem to solve here.

      --
      Noel Jones