229077Re: snipping header lines

  • rosenfield@users.sourceforge.net
    Oct 31, 2007
      > > maybe you can use "smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes" or
      > > "smtpd_tls_received_header = yes" and key on the text unique to your
      > > authenticated users.
      >
      > This information goes into the same Received: header that is not visible
      > to milters. However, milters do get to see SASL user information and
      > TLS issuer/subject information (for trusted certs) via appropriate macros.

      Not going to work with users that authenticate with a password, AFAICT.
      I think Noel meant the above in context of a check_headers RE..

      Would be nice if a Postfix developer would step up and fix this in a
      sane manner once and for all :-). I can think of lots of nice
      solutions, but I think the easiest one to implement by far is to send
      the Received header to milters, and fix the dkim-milter so it ignores
      this header.

      I'm sure the dkim folks would be happy to cooperate to reach a common
      design that can incorporate everything people need in their day-to-day
      MTA setups.

      Perhaps this can even be done in a way that preserves
      backwards-compatibility? I'm thinking a call that milters can poke at
      to tell Postfix that they understand / would like the new format with
      all header contents included..
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic