228996Re: snipping header lines

  • rosenfield@users.sourceforge.net
    Oct 30, 2007
      Noel Jones writes:
      > Milters are never presented this header, so they can't do anything with it.

      Too bad! Would be nice if this was rectified (with an option or whatever).

      > Your header_checks regexp needs to match <internal ip>,

      Hmm. Not doable, since clients do not have static IP addresses. They
      are authenticated with a certificate or a password.

      > maybe you can use "smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes" or
      > "smtpd_tls_received_header = yes" and key on the text unique to your
      > authenticated users.

      Ah, sounds useful, if a bit icky.
      Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out!

      Right now I wish I had complete control of the Postfix chain of
      events, so that I could branch into two different "trajectories"
      depending on the connection being an auth'ed internal user or an
      external user with (valid recipient, invalid recipient), etc etc etc
      etc.

      /etc/postfix/chain.cf :-)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic