224432RE: Asking Open Relay

  • Marky Yehezkiel
    Aug 2, 2007
      >And the e-mail address you used on abuse.net is a @...
      >address, correct?

      >Why would the satnetcom.com mail server NOT accept mail for a
      >satnetcom.com address?

      >No offense, but if this doesn't make sense to you, you shouldn't be
      >running a mail server.

      Thank you for the explanation :) that's my misunderstanding and I'm still
      newbie and need learn more and also because I am still couldn't found how
      come my mailserver was listed to dsbl.org and after look at dsbl.org I found
      these from header of email that sent to dsbl :

      Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:57:04 +0000
      To: <listme@...>
      Subject: Open Relay Test Message
      From: postmaster@...

      This message is a test of your mail server to determine if
      it will perform relaying (re-sending) of e-mail messages
      for unauthorized outside parties. This capability, if
      enabled in your mail server, is widely considered to be
      serious flaw in mail server security.

      Your mail server is being tested for relaying capability
      because we have received mail from it and wish to determine
      its likelihood to be abused by spammers.

      If I didn't misunderstanding again :) my mailserver was used as smtp of this
      IP 84.96.74.32 to listed my mailserver to dsbl correct? And if it is used I
      am still not found what the problem is. Please advice on this. Thank you
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic