224382RE: Asking Open Relay

    Aug 1, 2007
      At 06:22 PM 8/1/2007, Marky Yehezkiel wrote:
      > > Is this the same configuration that failed the relay test? We need
      >consistent information.
      >Yes it is same configuration. And I never change mydestination or my
      >networks and I try from abuse.net/relay.html and from abuse.net/relay.html
      >there is option to input your email account (register first to
      >new@...) or using anonymous mode and If I choose anonymous mode relay
      >test is successful my MX doesn't open relay but if I put my email account
      >relay test is failed my MX become open relay. I assumed that because my
      >email domain has MX in the MX that I tested and if I delete my email domain
      >from relay_domains the relay test is success abuse.net couldn't send test
      >email via my MX to my email account. Also can you show me the right
      >configuration of main.cf for restricting become open relay? Thank you

      You still haven't shown us evidence you are an open relay. The
      configuration you posted earlier doesn't appear to be an open relay
      and your log postings were incomplete.

      The documentation describes how postfix decides to relay, and the
      logs show what postfix has done.

      Good luck.

      Noel Jones
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic