223141Re: fatal: open database /etc/postfix/spammers.db: No such file or directory

    Jul 6, 2007
      At 05:24 PM 7/6/2007, Patrick - South Valley Internet wrote:
      >Hi all,
      >
      >I have this configured in my main.cf:
      >
      >smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      > #check_sender_access
      > dbm:/etc/postfix/spammers,
      > check_sender_access
      > hash:/etc/postfix/spammers,
      > reject_non_fqdn_sender
      >
      >Since I'm upgrading our existing mail server, I copied over the
      >/etc/postfix/spammers file that was on our old mail server. Do I
      >need to have postfix somehow build the db for that file?

      Yes,
      # postmap hash:/etc/postfix/spammers

      You also might want to order your restrictions such as this to do
      easy/cheap checks first:
      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      reject_non_fqdn_sender
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/spammers
      reject_unknown_sender_domain

      You may want to use permit_mynetworks as the first rule to exempt
      local users from these checks, but that's a per-site decision.

      --
      Noel Jones
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic