221337Re: parameter setgid_group: unknown group name: postdrop

    Jun 3, 2007
      On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:56:12AM +0530, JOYDEEP wrote:

      > Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
      > > JOYDEEP wrote:
      > >
      > >> could any one kindly help me to fix it ?
      > >> parameter setgid_group: unknown group name: postdrop
      > >>

      > > Create the group postdrop?
      > >
      > > Ben
      > >

      > Thanks for your response. but what will be the permission of the group
      > postdrop ?

      None when you create the group. After you do so, and run as "root":

      postfix set-permissions

      your mail system will begin to work correctly, because "postdrop" and
      "postqueue" will be able to access restricted sub-directories in the
      Postfix queue.