219443Re: Whitelisting Redux (Off Topic)

  • Adam Jacob Muller
    Apr 30, 2007
      On Apr 30, 2007, at 4:23 PM, mouss wrote:

      > Dennis Putnam wrote:
      > well, you have the choice between
      > 1- complain to the vendor (you should anyway do this to help
      > improving their package)

      Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely to get him anywhere. Apple is
      rather intransigent, their way is the right way and if your way
      doesn't fit into their preconceived notions they assume you are wrong
      and should change your notions, in this case, why would you want to
      relay mail for people on spam blacklists, they are obviously up to no
      good (PBL be damned)! :P

      > 2- try to fix what you can. This means you need to understand how
      > the stuff works and find workarounds. one way is to write a "post-
      > fix" procedure that fixes what the update has broken.
      > 3- stop using the gui, and configure postfix to use a config
      > directory that won't be modified by later updates.

      Good idea if you can't follow #4

      > 4- use another system...

      I'm actually curious as to why your using OSX to run postfix in the
      first place, it's nice enough to configure postfix just to get some
      outbound mail running, but beyond that, get a real mail server....

      - Adam
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic