215810Re: Name service error for name=localhost type=A: Host not found

  • Kai F├╝rstenberg
    Mar 1 7:44 AM
      Hello Pierre,

      Pierre Lebrun wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm new to postfix and have a problem
      > when sending a message from a machine
      > of my network to root@... on
      > the postfix server.
      >
      > What I understand is that postfix tries
      > to resolve localhost.
      >
      > My postfix is postfix-2.2.10-1.RHEL4.2
      >
      > Feb 28 09:12:19 antispam postfix/smtp[27549]: 3D44D64077:
      > to=<root@...>, relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (Host or
      > domain name not found. Name service error for name=localhost type=A:
      > Host not found)
      >
      > Where did I do the misconfiguration ?

      You should provide a bit more information than "something's wrong, what
      is it?"

      See http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

      Otherwise we can only guess:
      - check your /etc/hosts file for an entry
      127.0.0.1 localhost
      - check your /etc/resolv.conf for an entry `order host,bind` or something

      --
      Kai
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic