215802Multiple Relay Servers.

  • Becker, Robert
    Mar 1 6:42 AM

      Hello,

      I am looking to implement an email gateway solution that will route appropriate mail to the appropriate email servers.  We have two environments that produce email.  One is a production based system the second is a QA.  We would like to have a centralized postfix box accept all email from these environments and route them to the appropriate email server.

      For example:

      An email was sent from server1 to user@....

      This email get’s sent to the postfix relay server.

      The postfix relay server sees it’s going to company1.com so it forwards this email to the company1’s mail server.

      A mail was sent from server2 to user@...

      The email gets to the postfix relay server.

      The postfix relay server see’s it’s going to company2 so it forwards it to company2’s email server.

      I’ve setup relay boxes that send all email to a certain email server, but never one that’s worked like that.. Anyone have any help.

      Thanks.

      -Rob Becker

      This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged material.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately.  Use, disclosure or reproduction of any information in this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  Sterling Commerce is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from transmission of the message or use of its attachments.  This email may contain links to third party web sites. Sterling Commerce is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of such other sites and the existence of a link in this email does not imply an endorsement of the linked web site or the goods or services offered therein.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic