214075Re: Invalid address and bounce from Exchange

  • Mark Martinec
    Feb 1, 2007
      Eray,

      > As far as I can tell, RFCs allow empty local part as quoted null string.
      > Even if it is technically correct, should we allow empty local parts in
      > email address in the form of @...? Certainly, it not
      > deliverable. Or is Exchange at fault here and I should solve this by a
      > regexp in check_sender_access?

      With:
      strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes

      mail from:<@...>
      501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax

      We have the strict_rfc821_envelopes turned on since forever
      for precisely this reason. There were no cases here
      of legitimate mail that were turned down by this setting.

      Mark
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic