212180SASL vs. M$ Outlook and Outlook Express

  • Tom Kovar
    Jan 1, 2007
      Hi community,
      I have been using successfully Postfix since good one year, and now I
      have extended it with SASL, using dovecot, with MySQL in the background
      for all authentications. Everything seems to be working fine, when I
      send the SMTP commands manually, authentication is successfull and
      sending e-mail works according to the rules.
      Not so from Micro$oft clients, where I always get "Relay access denied".
      Inspecting the Postfix-Syslog, after enabling debug, reveals the source
      of the problem - even if I enabled the "SMTP server requires
      authentification" check box in these clients, they still do not send the
      SMTP AUTH message. The sequence of SMTP messages is
      EHLO
      MAIL FROM:
      RCPT TO:
      and this inevitably leads to the failure.

      Can anybody help me what the problem with M$ might be?

      Thanks, and happy new year,
      --- Tom
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic