210268Re: smtpd_sender_restrictions

    Dec 1, 2006
      Tony Earnshaw wrote:
      > Carlos Eduardo R. L. de Miranda wrote:
      >
      >> Our server is receiving lots of spam messages from servers with Russian
      >> domain.
      >> I would like to block every message from Russian domains.
      >>
      >> Postfix 2.3.3 - Fedora Core 6
      >>
      >> main.cf
      >> smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access
      >> hash:/etc/postfix/sender,
      >> reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain
      >>
      >> sender file:
      >> /.*@*\.ru$/ REJECT text message
      >
      > The above is wrong and obviously won't block anything from anyone. Do
      > you see why? Look again!
      >
      > This will work (tested with pcretest):
      > /^.+@.+\.ru$/

      Note that
      /^.+...
      is almost equivalent to
      /.+...

      assuming one doesn't accept nonfqnd addresses,
      /ru$/
      would block more than the posted expression. or if you think there will
      be a tld ending in ru other than .ru, then
      /.\ru$/

      but as you say, the sender tld won't help much... OP may want a geo
      DNSBL such as blackholes.us (Is this still maintained?).
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic