210228Master cf setting

  • Joey
    Dec 1, 2006
      If I put 100 for maxproc under smtp, this will control the MAX connections
      to the smtp port at any given time right?

      # ==========================================================================
      # service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
      # (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
      # ==========================================================================
      26 inet n - n - - smtpd
      smtp inet n - n - 100 smtpd

      What happens when the 101st connection is attempted, does it get server
      busy, and then retry?

      How can I tell what the peak amount of connections are over the course of a
      day?

      Does this 100 consider BOTH incoming smtp as well as outgoing smtp?

      Another question which is somewhat related is lets say you have an outgoing
      mailserver, and a client sends out 500 messages, does postfix try to deliver
      them all at the same time?

      Would setting this limit control that as well?

      Thanks,

      Joey
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic