210208Re: RBL question and their performance stats for me

    Dec 1, 2006
      On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:55:22AM +0100, Erwan David wrote:

      > > They have not launched a marketing campaign telling everyone to switch,
      > > but they have on various fora said that zen is ready and live, and that
      > > there is no reason to not switch from sbl-xbl to zen.
      >
      > Except if you do not want to filter what PBL filters.

      #
      # SpamHaus SBL
      #
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.2
      #
      # SpamHaus XBL, CBL portion
      #
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.4
      #
      # SpamHaus XBL, NJABL portion
      #
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.5
      #
      # SpamHaus PBL
      #
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.10
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.11

      These five restrictions cost only one DNS lookup, and one can decide which
      of the five to use (order not significant). I don't know definitively
      which of the PBL IPs signals volunteered data and which signals SpamHaus
      additional data, but it is reasonable to assume that the two distinct
      IP addresses are reserved for a reason.

      Given that 127.0.0.2 and 192.0.2.0 map to 127.0.0.11, and these are not
      volunteered by their ISPs, it looks .11 is SpamHaus data, and .10 is
      volunteered data.

      SpamHaus is not in the business of making it difficult for users to
      use their lists by mixing oil and water...