208202Restricting users to internal only email

  • Robert Adkins
    Nov 1, 2006
      1. I have set my email client to only send plaint-text emails to
      postfix.org. I do attempt to remember to add mailing lists to that
      filter, unfortunately being human, I sometimes forget to do so. I
      apologize for the error on my part.

      I used the example (see below) from the Restriction_Class_Readme from
      the postfix.org website:

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_senders
      ...other stuff...

      smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
      local_only =
      check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains, reject

      /etc/postfix/restricted_senders:
      foo@domain local_only
      bar@domain local_only

      /etc/postfix/local_domains:
      this.domain OK matches this.domain and subdomains
      that.domain OK matches that.domain and subdomains

      After creating a test user account, adding that user to the
      restricted_senders and creating the local_domains file and then running
      portmap on both files to create the .db files. I restarted the postfix
      daemon and nothing changed.

      The test user can still send and receive email from outside of the
      domain.

      From 'postconf -n' :

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      biff = no
      canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
      command_directory = /usr/sbin
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      defer_transports =
      disable_dns_lookups = no
      home_mailbox = Maildir/
      html_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/html
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
      manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
      masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
      masquerade_domains =
      masquerade_exceptions = root
      message_size_limit = 30720000
      mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, impelind.com
      myhostname = impelind.com
      myorigin = impelind.com
      newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
      readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
      recipient_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/duper_bcc
      relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
      sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/samples
      sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/duper_bcc
      sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
      sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
      setgid_group = maildrop
      smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
      smtp_use_tls = no
      smtpd_client_restrictions =
      smtpd_helo_required = no
      smtpd_helo_restrictions =
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination, check_sender_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_senders
      smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
      smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access
      smtpd_use_tls = no
      strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

      Thank you,
      Robert Adkins
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic