208183Restricting users to internal only email

  • Robert Adkins
    Nov 1, 2006
      I used the example (see below) from the Restriction_Class_Readme from the postfix.org website:

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
              check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_senders
              ...other stuff...

          smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
          local_only =
              check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains, reject

      /etc/postfix/restricted_senders:
          foo@domain      local_only
          bar@domain      local_only

      /etc/postfix/local_domains:
          this.domain     OK      matches this.domain and subdomains
          that.domain     OK      matches that.domain and subdomains

      --

          After creating a test user account, adding that user to the restricted_senders and creating the local_domains file and then running portmap on both files to create the .db files. I restarted the postfix daemon and nothing changed.

          The test user can still send and receive email from outside of the domain.

          Am I missing something?

          Thanks,
          Robert Adkins
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic