206312Re: relay_recipients_maps / generic clash

  • John Knappers
    Oct 2, 2006

      >John Knappers wrote:

      >At this point I haven't seen the full configuration (postconf -n) and I am
      >loath to give advice on incomplete information.
      >
      >Are the domains domain1.example domain2.example etc in relay_domains, in
      >mydestination, in virtual_alias_domains, in virtual_mailbox_domains?
      >
      >relay_recipient_maps is only used for domains in relay_domains, while
      >virtual_alias_maps is used for all domain classes.
      >
      >generic_maps is applied only to outgoing mails.
      >
      >Sandy
      >--
      >List replies only please!
      >Please address PMs to: news-reply2 (@) japantest (.) homelinux (.) com

      I will try to clarify more:

      Mailgateway receiving is receiving mail for multiple domains. A lot of them
      are old, but still frequently used by customers.
      Function of mailgateway:
      receive mail: scan it / spanassassin it, rewrite old domains to new domans,
      and push it the final destination (internal mailserver).
      This not a to strange configuration.
      At the mailgateway I consolidate a dozen old (by mergers obsoleted, but by
      customers still frequently used domains) 2 two domains.
      Those to domains are the only domains the internal mailserver know about.
      At the mailgateway all domains are in the relay_domains table
      Old domains are rewritten to the new domains in the generic table like:
      @olddomain1 @newdomain1
      @olddomain2 @newdomain1
      @olddomain3 @newdomain2
      etc etc etc.

      If I create a relay_recpients_maps table based on the virtual table of the
      internal mailserver (which only knows about the 2 consolidated domains). All
      incoming mail with the old domains (which needs te be rewritten by the
      generic funstion) is rejected.
      The relay_recipient_maps table is checked before the address rewritting,
      which is causing the setup to fail

      For completenes I include a postconf -n.txt ( with anonymized domains)

      Please advise what the best solution is for this problem, I cannot imagine,
      that I'm the first facing this problem.

      John

      De nieuwste Messenger is live! Download nu
      http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=nl-nl
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic