206280Re: relay_recipients_maps / generic clash

  • Sandy Drobic
    Oct 2, 2006
      John Knappers wrote:

      >> John Knappers wrote:
      >>> Hello everyone,
      >>>
      >>> I consolidate a dozen of old domains in 2 domains with the generic
      >>> table function of Postfix at our gateway relay / Mail hub.
      >>> This works fine, but now. at last I finally wanted to implement the
      >>> relay_recipient_maps function. After a night studying the awk syntax
      >>> to convert the virtual table of our internal mailserver to a
      >>> relay_recipients_map table I created a nice script just doing that.
      >>>
      >>> But now the problems starts. Only the mail of the 2 consolidated
      >>> domains is accepted, and the mail to addresses ending with domains in
      >>> the generic table is rejected. Does anyone a way to overcome this? My
      >>> scripting knowledge is not sufficient to take the generic table in
      >>> account when creating a relay_recipient_table.
      >>>
      >>> With other words: Is it possible to accept mail / do the generic
      >>> domain consolidation, and apply the releay_recipients_maps feature
      >>> after that?

      At this point I haven't seen the full configuration (postconf -n) and I am
      loath to give advice on incomplete information.

      Are the domains domain1.example domain2.example etc in relay_domains, in
      mydestination, in virtual_alias_domains, in virtual_mailbox_domains?

      relay_recipient_maps is only used for domains in relay_domains, while
      virtual_alias_maps is used for all domain classes.

      generic_maps is applied only to outgoing mails.

      Sandy
      --
      List replies only please!