206266Re: Fax server with postfix

  • Giedrius Augys
    Oct 1, 2006
      I have configured postfix by this example:

      # Over here we are using the scheme <fax number>@...
      # with Postfix and HylaFax. Here's the setup used:
      #
      #    /etc/postfix/master.cf:
      #      fax    unix    -    n    n    -    1    pipe
      #          flags= user=fax argv=/usr/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}
      #
      #    /etc/postfix/transport:
      #        fax.your.domain   fax:localhost
      #
      #    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      #        transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
      #        fax_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      #

      But in my folder I cant't find a mail. Maybe the best way is tu use procmail .

      2006/10/2, Kai F├╝rstenberg < postfix@...>:
      Giedrius Augys schrieb:
      > My question is about , how to configure postfix , when a new message
      > arrive to particular user, postfix executes script, which grabs
      > subject fields and puts atachment to temp dir and later using agi I
      > will transmit fax..
      Ok,

      You have a install also a MTA with filtering language ( e.g. procmail).
      Then you can use something like
      mailbox_transport = procmail
      in main.cf. You can also work with transport_maps to do this (please
      also read the documentation).

      Postfix does not execute any scripts on a special mail, but procmail can
      do this.

      So you need both (MDA and MTA): Postfix to accept the mail and deliver
      it to the MTA which executes the script on that mail and creates a call
      file or executing the agi-script or whatever.

      Kai

      --
      Pagarbiai,
      Giedrius Augys