204594Re: FILTER_README suggestions
- Sep 1 9:53 AMOn 1-Sep-06, at 8:53 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Unfortunately, the text gives no example of how one would implementWe reject some mail directly at SMTP (reject_unknown_sender_domain,
> this advice. Personally, I use no external filter so I have a hard
> time coming up with field-tested examples.
> What do people use:
reject_unlisted_recipient and a manual domain name blacklist) but
1. Everything that matches a cable, DSL or dialup connection gets
greylisted with tumgreyspf - configurable with a manual whitelist for
broken mail servers.
2. All mail with known viruses get silently discarded (amavisd-new
3. Mail gets tagged with SpamAssassin (through amavisd-new and a
bunch of extra SA plugins)
4. Clients have the option to discard above a certain SA score or
filter through a web interface .
I did up a diagram of it to figure it all out in my mind while I was
Works great for us - brought down my spam levels from 300 / day with
old Postfix and SA 2.6 down to about 2 or 3 / day.
nonfiction studios inc.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>